Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 18, 2008

Pet Allergies

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/allergies_to_pets/index.html

This is a great article I found by the humane society of the United States about allergies to pets. What a cruel world it is that people can be allergic to our furry friends. I know the feeling….I’m allergic to cats and went for allergy shots (as mentioned in the article) to help lessen the burden. Though I can be around cats for a little while without too much reaction, long-term exposure causes issues for me and therefore I can’t have a kitty. I’ve read that children who are brought up with pets have less issues with allergies, but it didn’t work for me as we always had cats and dogs around. Luckily, I can still have a dog with no issues.

The article is long, but worth the read.

No comments:

Archives