Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 18, 2008

Pet sitters need backups - & why I’m taking tomorrow off

It’s extremely important for pet sitters to have back up! Whether it’s a pet sitting company that has many employees or a sole proprietor, anyone who pet sits for a living needs to have someone to call on in case of emergency.

Tonight I had to call on my backup.

After doing a pet sitting visit this evening I got rear ended as I was leaving the apartment complex where my client lives. My car’s fine, but my neck, shoulder, & back took the brunt of the hit and I’m pretty beat up feeling right now. So, rather than try to drag myself out of bed in the morning for an early morning visit, I called on my backup person. Thankfully she’s available and knows the cats, and my client is fine with the stand in.

I’m not in such bad shape that it would be impossible for me to do the visit - it would have been very uncomfortable though with the pain I feel right now. But had it been worse, and if I didn’t have a backup, one of the cats would be in a life threatening situation because he’s diabetic and needs insulin twice a day. So, this is a prime example why it’s essential for pet sitters to have backups, and it’s something every pet owner should ask about when interviewing someone to care for their pets.
So…I may take the day off tomorrow, so if there’s no blog post you’ll know why…

I’m off to (hopefully) sleep away some of the pain!

No comments:

Archives