Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 18, 2008

Why do some people have dogs?

I don’t quite understand why some people have dogs…or any type of pet for that matter. I was taking care of a couple of cats over the weekend and since one of them has health issues whenever I take care of these two I go twice a day. It’s not their people I have a problem with…it’s some folks who live in an apartment I walk by to get to my client’s apartment.

I’ve taken care of these guys for the last few years, and every time I go over there I either see or hear a little dachshund outside in a small enclosed yard. I’ve never seen a person out there with him, but I hear the little guy barking his fool head off. I say “barking his fool head off” although he doesn’t bark nearly as much since he had to live with a shock collar for quite a while. The thing is, every time - and I do mean every time - I walk by this place, I hear the dog barking. I didn’t always see him though, and the yard is small…maybe 5′ x 8′ so there aren’t many places where he can hide. I thought at first that he was inside barking through an open window but all the windows and doors were always shut tight. It wasn’t until this past weekend that I heard the little guy barking and finally saw that he was stuck in a small crate outside!

Now I’ll admit, I haven’t spent an entire day watching what these folks do with their dog but like I said, every time I walk by that apartment I hear the dog and sometimes I see him and sometimes I don’t. When I heard him, and then saw that he was in a crate, the only conclusion I could come to is that this is how this little guy spends most of his time. It hurt to think it’s a very real possibility this little guy spends most of his time cooped up in a crate.

I know it’s not right to compare what other people do with their pets on how I live with mine, but sometimes I just can’t help but wonder WHY? Why have a dog if he’s not part of the family. I just don’t get it.

No comments:

Archives